Sunday, September 23, 2007

Life, the Universe, and Everything: Part 3

OK, so you get three-for-one today. I feel I owe you a hat trick. I’m trying to make up for lost time, since I’ve had a few people fear I’ve dropped off the blogwagon. (Plus the title--shamelessly borrowed from Douglas Adams--is misleading, and I’m not feeling particularly witty so the content strikes me as sub-par. Better luck next time!)

Remember how I expressed, in an earlier post, my uncertainty about what Ontario’s provincial symbol was? Well, I’m happy to report that I did a little Internet sleuthing subsequent to that post and learned that the triangular thing represents a trillium flower. I’m including a few links below, in case you’re curious. Essentially, Ontario went through a logo rebranding process last year that left quite a few citizens in a huff. Sound familiar? Maybe all the provinces underwent a similar costly and unnecessary (in my opinion) rebranding in 2006. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a conspiracy: distract everyone with a highly controversial big ticket item, and then slip a bunch of smaller ticket items right past them. Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t turned all political just because I pass by Parliament Hill on a regular basis—not that there’s anything wrong with that (nod to Seinfeld).

Trillium logo sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment