Friday, June 6, 2008

sleeping single in a queen-sized bed

~ or my husband's been to MIT and Harvard ~

It's true. James finally realized a deep-seated dream: he was able to travel for work. He'd been to Chicago on business many years ago, but this was the first time his current employer sent him anywhere. He's on his way back from Boston even as I write. While he was there, he drove past MIT and Harvard on a whim, and he especially phoned me that evening to tell me so. (His dad will like repeating that one.) I would have liked to go, too, but I had midterm tests in French this week. C'est la vie. Peut-ĂȘtre une autre fois.

Besides, when he's out of town, I get the whole bed to myself. What luxury! While I will readily admit that there are definitely some fringe benefits to sharing a bed, it's rather nice, every once in a while, not to wake up when someone else rolls over, or not to worry about waking someone else up on account of my snoring (of which I am not proud). Plus I get to stretch out. Funny, I don't see my favorite "jumping jack" position mentioned anywhere in CTV's "Favoured Sleeping Positions" article.

4 comments:

  1. Julie, I can relate to this one. Don't know why but being alone in a queen size bed is so divine (not to worry Lon feels the same way). Kind of gives a person a feeling of being pampered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a king sized bed, so I'm used to having lots of space. But when Terry is away for work, I can't sleep at all. It's like I have gotten so used to the warmth and the snoring that I can't live without it anymore! Sad really...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We almost bought a king-sized with our bedroom suite years ago, but I changed my own mind because we had only queen-sized bedding at the time. I've often wished I would've just bought a new set, hang the cost, but given that we've moved a few times and would never have fit a king-sized into the apartment, I suppose it's been for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, enjoy stretching out in the bed when I am all alone. And, yes, of course, I love my husband but oh! so much room when one is on their own!!

    ReplyDelete