Tuesday, August 26, 2008

gratification

Yes! One of my piecemeal summertime projects has progressed to the point where it has shape and substance.

One of my positions while I worked at the University of Manitoba (UM) involved coordinating the Mauro Centre's North American Conflict Resolution student exchange--NACR for short. (Its official title was much lengthier.) In that capacity, I guided students, outgoing and incoming, through the process of studying abroad under the terms of that particular HRSDC-funded international mobility agreement.

I've kept in touch with most of the exchange participants (primarily via Facebook; I travel vicariously through their photographs), and with the directors and staff at the Mauro Centre as well. Earlier this summer, the Associate Director contacted me to see if I'd like to write some text to develop the exchange pages on the MC Web site. It involved corresponding with the former participants--or "exchange alumni," if you prefer (and I believe the Assoc. Director does prefer the latter).

So I'm inviting anyone who's interested to check out the following pages before anyone else comes along and messes with them:
The pages follow a UM standard template for layout, and there's a Web developer who "publishes" the chunks of text and photographs I forward to him. The photos just went up today, hence my high level of excitement. There are supposed to be captions under them, too, so that, for instance, viewers will know that Steven is shaking hands with Hon. John Manley, Former Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister, that Nicole is at Queretaro, and that Jason & Erika are somewhere in Colima.

There's more that could be done, but all I can say for now is a resounding "Yay!"

1 comment: