Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Election Day

Just a quick reminder to go out and vote, if you haven't already done so. My mom is a poll registration clerk, so if you're voting in the metropolis of Rosenort/Riverside, make sure you bring your ID or bring someone who can vouch that you are who you say you are--which, in that case, could pretty much be anybody else that you meet in passing through the doors.

I haven't quite made up my mind yet re: my ballot, but I'm definitely going to vote, and I'm definitely swayed by the information on Michael Geist's blog concerning candidates who have supported the copyright pledge. While I'm sure there are lots of other pressing issues of concern, I've chosen to focus on copyright and postsecondary education.

6 comments:

  1. I voted! For the first time since 2004, I exercised my right to vote. And it felt good. And the candidate whom I voted for in my riding (Provencher) won! I do not align myself necessarily with any particular political party...instead I find it depends on how I view the candidates in any given riding I live in, as well as how I feel about the leader of any said party at the federal level. In this case I voted Conservative. And I am glad that I did. I feel quite comfortable and content with my decision this time around, probably more than I ever have since I was eligible to vote. I do wish that it would have been a Conservative Majority though...but at least they gained seats.

    On another note, and something which I am hoping unfolds into a bright political future for Justin Trudeau (son of the late Right Honorable Pierre Elliot Truedeau), Justin won the Montreal riding of Papineau and will be going to Ottawa!

    I really hope that Justin Trudeau eventually becomes the leader of the Liberal Party. That is my wish and hope for the future of Canada. And one can probably guess which party I would vote for should Justin Trudeau become a leader of...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I, for one, certainly did NOT vote Conservative. Let's hope the governing party sees the error of their ways and abandons proposed lockdowns on digital media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until Justin Trudeau hopefully becomes the future leader of the Federal Liberal Party, I will not be completely satisfied for the future of Canada. I hope this happens withing the next 3 to 5 years.

    Justin Trudeau, you have my vote in the hopefully very near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad that, to my knowledge, anyway, Justin Trudeau does not read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, maybe he (Justin) should read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm may not be Justin, but I'm here. Good to see you back; I was getting worried!

    ReplyDelete