Thursday, January 8, 2009

now that's class

Scoping out MetroNews, hoping for some confirmation on which way the striking bus drivers voted yesterday, I came across this gem (third paragraph from the bottom):

"I just want to thank the president for hosting us," Obama said. When a reporter asked Obama what he could learn from the mistakes of the four presidents surrounding him, he smiled and said he planned to learn from their successes. (emphasis mine)
Smooth.

I wanted to link to the SNL "Obama: I keep it cool" sketch, but at some point Hulu took over the world and won't let anyone outside the U.S. download it (grumble, grumble). It's been removed from YouTube. It seems the Tinkernut has a work-around. I can't be bothered, however, because I don't want to download anything (a) that may interfere with my current access all over the place, and (b) I'm not certain that I can undo. The only alternative is to sit through Britethorn's commentary on the sketch for a non-copyright-infringing excerpt (at 0:50-1:28).

1 comment:

  1. Hulu sucks! I can't believe how much is being blocked lately!

    I like Obama. Hopefully he's as good a leader as he is a speaker. Bye bye Bush.

    I'm wishing the transit strike ends soon - I hate the thought of you having to hitchhike:)

    Celina

    ReplyDelete