Tuesday, August 18, 2009

it takes a thief to catch a thief

Somehow, I don't think this was what they had in mind when they coined that phrase: "Man charged with stealing 130M credit card numbers in record identity theft."

In other Yahoo news (for those who don't get their Webmail there), I just want to take this opportunity to inform you that there is only one "u" in Iqaluit. Extremely important if you don't want to offend Nunavutians residing in the city formerly known as Frobisher Bay. In defence of writers, editors, and proofreaders everywhere, I want to point out that with the ever-expanding number of automated features in Microsoft Word, how does anyone know that it wasn't merely an overly eager autocorrect responsible for this fiasco? Yes, someone should have caught it. But seriously, have you dealt with anybody in federal government offices lately? (Other than my two or three exceedingly competent friends, I mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment