Saturday, April 12, 2014

reflections

I've appreciated the music of Steve Bell for a long time, whether I've seen him in concert with his band or solo, or listened to recordings.  He usually interweaves his songs with stories; he's a marvellous storyteller.

At some point, I subscribed to receive news releases from Signpost.  True story: a few years ago, when James and I were driving to Dauphin from Winnipeg, we received a call on the cell phone and it was Steve Bell himself, confirming contact info.  It must have been during an off-tour season, or perhaps before Signpost had its full complement of office personnel.

Consequently, I receive email notices of updates to Steve's blog.  No big surprise here, I guess, but I don't always read in detail everything that turns up in my inbox(es).  Many times I skim over items and think I'll hang on to them for a later date.  Fortunately, however, I opened both of the posts from the Steve Bell blog this week.  As usual, every time I read anything he writes, I'm blown away; he's able to express his thoughts so articulately and considerately.

Here are the links to "The God of Rahab Has Sent You" and "Lazarus Saturday."

No comments:

Post a Comment