Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Monday!

So as most of you prepare to savor turkey dinners (or leftovers), and as we look forward to our non-traditional leftover chicken curry (or a meal of whole wheat spaghetti and tomato sauce if I can’t stretch the curry), I thought I’d reflect on some of the many things I am thankful for. Here’s a partial list:
  • my husband
  • my family, immediate and extended—yes, my in-laws, too!
  • my friends, far and near
  • that I’m forgiven and free in Jesus Christ
  • good health
  • that I possess five senses (and sometimes a sixth)
  • the education I’ve received
  • a comfortable little townhome
  • Red Rose tea
  • lunch with Shirley at Feleena’s on Friday
  • the privilege of sponsoring a Compassion Canada child (actually, we’re on our third one, since the previous two moved out of sponsorship areas and ceased being eligible)
  • that it’s time for the Samaritan's Purse annual Operation Christmas Child shoebox-packing event
  • art & literature
  • chocolate:
    • that James was not fond of the Godiva milk chocolate strawberries ("made from real dried strawberries") we bought Saturday (more for me)
    • that our friend’s daughter was out of school fundraiser chocolate bars to sell ('cause I would have bought'em and stuffed myself with even more chocolate)
    • that the Smith Falls Hershey’s Chocolate Shoppe is still open, meaning that there is still a slim chance I’ll get to visit it before it closes
  • that we can watch Church of the Rock on TV on those Sundays we don’t feel motivated to attend a local service
  • running water
  • the smell of Canadian Tire
  • the smell of clover
  • red maples
  • teddy bears
  • technology, especially being able to send emails, Google for information, reconnect with people on Facebook, and order online from McNally Robinson (come to Ottawa!), ChaptersIndigo, and Amazon
  • white cheddar popcorn
  • obtaining a reasonably priced return flight for early December
  • two goofy cats
  • Swiffers, 3M lint rollers, and Dirt Devil vacuums with which to clean up aforesaid pet hair
  • a good highlight, cut, and blow dry session with a reputable hair stylist
  • a good book and a comfortable chair on a rainy day
  • a long, leisurely walk
  • massage therapy
  • stretchy jeans
Enjoy today!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and James! Had a good time with the gang last night. Supper at Smitty's and dessert at Gwen's. The usual laughs this time from Gwen's shopping experience for a new car.

    ReplyDelete