Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

I slept in and woke to glorious sunshine! After snow last week, rain on Sunday, and a bit of a thaw the last few days, sun was welcome. Too bad it was so short-lived: by about 2 o’clock this afternoon the sky reverted to a light gray again. Winnipeg gets more winter sun than Ottawa. (It’s not just my imagination; Environment Canada released a study on this phenomenon.)

Today’s highlights included:
  • a Christmas telephone call from Celina & Duane
  • a walk around the neighborhood (only Shoppers, Starbucks, and the Shawarma place were open for business)
  • an e-mail from Mom & Dad
  • a holiday message from Chelsea
  • a Christmas card & letter from Lon & Pat
  • a Christmas photo card from the Waldners
  • a first letter from Juanita in Mexico (Compassion child)
Note: Canada Post did not deliver today; we simply forgot to check our superbox yesterday.

Thanks to everyone for all the Christmas greetings! Considering that I’ve missed the sleigh re: cards yet once more (oh, I bought them, all right, I just didn't write them out & address them & send them), I’ve been pleasantly surprised that we’ve received 16 photos/cards. Only one was from “people I don’t even know”: nope, not from Glen Campbell, but the Minto Homes staff. About that one I’m feeling a bit indifferent (I’ve never met the signees); all the others, however, have brought us joy and dressed up our mantle. Tidings of great joy & blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment