Monday, July 21, 2008

nos vacances, partie deux

Here's a picture of our powder room on the main floor after we painted on July 3 & 4. The glass shelf refracts the light and distorts the color a bit. It's Behr's "Silver Charm," although I maintain that it looks a tad blue to me--but that might be because I outfit the place with navy nautical accessories (which sounds redundant, but I suppose nautical things aren't navy of necessity).


my ship came in

The life preserver with its display of sailor's knots (see reflection in mirror) and the sailboat were both purchases from Winners. I'm not sure what my fascination with things seaworthy stems from; maybe it's one of those Jungian "collective unconscious" impulses rising from the leviathan depths.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps you're dreaming of going on a CRUISE to the Bahamas??? or some other exotic place?? I love your bathroom ---looks clean, fresh & relaxing---you did a good job! Mom D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Sailors - maybe you do to? Those crisp white uniforms and odd little hats...mighty fine!!!

    Nice bath indeed! If you're still looking to add to it, Rona has a great assortment of nautical stuff as well. You insire me Julie but motivation is another thing...

    Looking forward to your visit! Celina

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, Julie! I also love nautical things. I am currently painting a seashore mural on Oscar's wall.

    ReplyDelete