Saturday, December 13, 2008

morning at the mall

My laptop's still on Central Time, so tomorrow is already today.

If the weather cooperates, I'll be hanging out at the Tim Horton's at the St. Vital Centre food court from 9:30am to noon. It's always such a rush-around, and I never have time to see everyone I'd like to see when I'm out for holidays; therefore, I came up with a plan. My plan was to create a Facebook "event," and invite people to meet me at the mall before or after they do their Christmas shopping. It may turn out to be a very bad idea, but you'll have to credit me for giving people the opportunity to say hi. It will be a test of sorts, a social experiment, to see how many people actually mean it when they say, "We should get together next time you're in town." I think I shall compile statistics and share the results of my study. Then again, maybe I won't.

3 comments:

  1. Huney, we'd have been there but you came to us! Thanks for taking the time Julie - Duane and I treasure your friendship and hopefully we'll have a chance to visit with you in Ottawa in the new year. In the meantime I'm looking forward to "cracking some covers" come January and chatting with you on those long, cold nights. Thanks again, for everything. Celina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! Your brother here. Thank you so much for hanging out with me on Saturday night at Mom & Dad's house in Rosenort, as well as all day Sunday and until I left on Monday afternoon. It meant so much to me! I hope the rest of your Tuesday in Manitoba goes good, and I wish you a good plane flight back to Ottawa tommorrow morning.

    I hope to see you and James and Darthy boy and Curli girl in a few months out there in Ottawa in 2009.

    Also, thanks for the Ottawa Gee Gee's black logo'ed t-shirt and the Sega Virtua Tennis 3 (for my XBOX 360)...really cool Christmas gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie, hope you had a great time with family and friends. Know how crazy it gets when you get back home and try to see everyone again (too little time). Lon and I are aging quickly this week and are looking forward to heading back to MB. This has been another mind boggling experience. I'm getting too old for east coast driving. Our GPS was retired to the suitcase and not used again once to reached our destination from the airport (I didn't like the directions she was giving so rather then argue with her, yes it's a her, I banished her to the suitcase) poor Lon had to listen to 2 women giving directions.

    ReplyDelete