Thursday, July 12, 2012

birthdays

A big shout-out to my parents:  My dear Dad turned another year older and wiser last Friday, and my dear Mom follows suit today!  I didn't get to pass along wishes to my dad directly over the phone, because he had to work from early morning to late at night; let's see if I have better luck catching my mom.

Supposedly the Rockport Boat Cruise to Boldt Castle back on May 13 was our present to them for not only their 45th wedding anniversary (June), but also their birthdays.  That works well on my part, because I didn't send cards.  

On the boat ride to the castle.  Matching hoodies purchased
that cool, breezy morning at the Rockport General Store.

If only I lived closer, I could bake a cake and take it over.  Maybe sending virtual flowers will do: here's a photo of what's growing at my front stoop.

pansies, begonias, violas, hosta, coleus

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Thank you for the Birthday wishes!!
    These are my kind of Flowers.......Beautiful, & no allergies.....perfect!
    Our boat cruise on the ST. Lawrence Seaway was fantastic......NOT too long & NOT too short.
    We had a SUPER time at your place & we miss YOU &
    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete