Sunday, February 17, 2008

#6: spice girl

Dave & Ci & Nicole came over for coffee & cheesecake tonight, in honor of James's birthday tomorrow. I was able to use my Victorian Epicture mulling spices for the first time.
before & after: mulling spices & spiced apple juice

After our guests departed, I enjoyed our fireplace while sipping cider and reading a short story by Wodehouse. (I use throws because the cats' favorite perches include the backs of furniture, and I can think of better things to do with my time than vacuum for hours on end.)


3 comments:

  1. what a lovely home, Julie (even with the throws! believe me - we get it). i'd love to sit there and sip cider and read Laura Ingalls Wilder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Siobhan. We've owned it since the end of April 2007, and we absolutely love it! It was a quick-occupancy model, so the designer had already chosen the details/upgrades, but it was all to our liking--I should say James's liking, since he had to finalize the purchase the same day he arrived in Ottawa. Come visit anytime: you'd have to B.Y.O. copies of Ingalls Wilder (I only have _Plum Creek_), but I've got a large selection of L.M. Montgomery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree, your home is awesome. Very spacious, comfortable, homey, and cozy. I am also enthralled with the way the staircase is designed (really!!). :) James made a really good decision to grab that place when he did.

    I'll try to work on Mom & Dad...we should all move out there to Ottawa in that same general area where you live. :)

    your brother, perry

    ReplyDelete