Tuesday, February 12, 2008

room with a view: first moment



I've really been thinking for some time that I should post a picture of this phenomenon, so L's ("Worth It") challenge and the response of her readers exacerbated the impulse. Here's the view out of my second-storey home office window. They don't seem to build new houses with eavestroughs in Ottawa (probably saves the builders scads of cash), and with all the freezing, melting, freezing rain, snow, more melting, more snow, more melting, more freezing...let's just say I think this may very well be the youngest stalactite known to humankind. I'm thinking about backlighting it like they do for Niagara Falls at night.

5 comments:

  1. WOW!---what a monstrous ICICLE, spectacular! Spring is coming (we can only HOPE!). Mom D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, good job! Does this mean you're joining the challenge? That is quite the icicle. At least you get melting in between - we haven't seen zero for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it's not growing above the front door - it might kill the mailman!! I always look forward to your posts. Unlike some other blogs out there yours is often educational (I love the attachments!) and always entertaining. Thanks. By the way, I predict it will fall off on the 18th...Celina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's felt like Spring already, Mom, which is weird.

    Yes, Ellen, I'm joining your challenge, although I started late. It's true it's warm, but the amount of snow we've seen, ugh.

    The icicle has a porch roof to land on first, Celina, and our mail's delivered to a superbox as a rule, although we do get mysterious computer packages delivered upon occasion to the master of the household.

    Not sure, Siobhan, if you're referring to the icicle or Celina's prediction--either one works for me.

    ReplyDelete