Saturday, March 1, 2008

#19: flattery & flowers

"Imitation is the sincerest of flattery." ~ Charles Caleb Colton

In imitation of fellow bloggers' recent demonstrations of flower power – tulips here (Feb 24) and here (Feb 25), and what I think are snowdrops here (Feb 21)here are my humble offerings. Hope you're duly flattered!


Truth is, they were on sale at Farm Boy, and I just couldn't resist a foretaste of spring. Am I ever glad I bought them, because they gave me something to snap today. The alternative would have been us shovelling the fresh snowfall to which we awoke, and I'm sure you're tired of all my whining and griping about precipitation (I know I sure am). So tulips it is. They haven't fully opened yet; I seem to have selected two bunches of late bloomers.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's freaky - I posted tulips today too, mainly because I kept forgetting to take any other pics - late in the day, I realized I hadn't shot yet, so I was going to snap our bowl of popcorn, and remembered that just as I ate the last few kernels! Thank goodness for tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, was that clock on the wall there last July when I visited?

    Just wondering. I don't remember seeing it there, but maybe I just was not paying enough attention at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Daniel, freaky--and you and Siobhan both posted _House & Home_ photos the other day. Maybe it's some kind of blogger's intuition.

    Hahahahahaha, Perry, you not noticing details, hahahahaha! You're probably the most observant person I'll ever know. The clock was a recent addition. I'd like to put something on either side, maybe small shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you add a penny? The tulips look gorgeous. At least you've got sunlight to make up for your precipitation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love this blogger's intuition thing!

    ReplyDelete