Sunday, March 2, 2008

#20: humid & catatonic

We bought a humidifier yesterday, which we hope will positively impact our hardwood floors. There are a few places where the edges have roughened up. It's a fine line: moisture in the air is good; moisture directly in contact with the floor is bad. That's why the humidifier is now installed in the kitchen. (Like I need one more item to maneuver around in there.) I'm still hoping to find a piece of furniture of some sort with drawers or doors to put against my non-cupboarded, angled wall. Either that, or I need to rearrange my cupboards' contents again to make room. I wish, wish, wish that everybody built corner cabinets on an angle, so that the corners were more accessible. I'm having trouble fitting everything in: strange, because I thought that with all the moving I've done, I'd gotten rid of many things. Apparently it's Ruan's Law (see #7 on linked page).

Our humidifer is a poser: with its high-tech buttons, it bears a striking resemblance to a computer case.

Speaking of posers...


...guess who was jealous of all the attention the humidifier received? They must've heard of all those fellow felines cropping up on others' blogs lately.

6 comments:

  1. How cute are the kitties??? The on eon top (I forget who's who) really looks like he means business!

    Love Ruan's law as well. No matter how much crap we get rid of, there is still no where to put the remaining crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flash caught'em right in the eyes, made them look like demon cats.
    Short-haired goof is Curli-girly, long-haired "too pretty to be a boy" one is Darth, the million dollar pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Darth spend time inspecting the new humidifier? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, has Darth or Curlie ever tried jumping on your lap/or desk and attempted typeing on the computer keyboard with their front paws while intently looking at the computer screen, pretending to know what is going on....I had this happen to me a number of times with my cat Wozzy while I lived in St. James-Assinaboia. I always wondered what that was all about, since he rarely showed interest in the TV screen watching thing.

    I always wondered if he was just makeing an attempt to bond with me by partaking in whatever I did....I know it always pleased him when I would sit down beside him and eat meals with him (him and his catfood, me and whatever I was eating, usually a Mr. Sub or microwaved leftovers from Mom & Dad's from the previous weekend).

    Wozzy cat would constantly look up at me, and gently blink his eyes, and purr during these types of "meal moments".

    I guess we were both "eating our kill"? Perhaps that is what pleased him?

    I even gave him a little bit of Mom's meatloaf one time, he seemed to enjoy it. :) And Wozzy was very picky about what he ate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got the exact same humidifier in our apartment! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For what is worth, the pic of the two cats on the stairway is, in my opinion, a very relaxing picture. I really like it. :)

    Darth being all gentle, and kind of posing gently, Curli rolling over on her back all content and happy. :)

    I really should swipe this pic and make it my background desktop pic on my Apple PowerBook.

    :)

    ReplyDelete