Tuesday, March 11, 2008

#29: what a doll

Meet Inuit Barbie, designed by Canadian Christy Marcus, who is herself of Inuit heritage.

Although here she's pictured propped up by our decorative pillows on the bed, Inuit Barbie's usually prominently displayed on my dresser, so I catch a glimpse of her out of the corner of my eye each morning. James brought her back with him when he returned from his summer of working in the Arctic, 2006; she was my birthday gift. I was so impressed that he had remembered that I used to be into Barbies in a big way. (What a doll!)
I've always regretted that I didn't buy Barbie as Marilyn Monroe from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. I suppose I could always invite myself over to friend Lisa's--she's got every Marilyn look-alike doll ever made, Barbies included.

1 comment:

  1. What fun to look at all those Barbies!!! I love the Mary Poppins collection, and the Elizabeth Taylor doll is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete