Saturday, March 8, 2008

#26: snow+bunny

I know spring is coming, despite all indications to the contrary: I've spotted the bunnies. Marshmallow bunnies. At WalMart.

Only after I'd bought them and eaten a few did I read the ingredients. A few weeks ago I finally paid attention to the fact that gelatin is the guck that results from boiled animal tissue; ever since then, I have felt motivated to read labels a little more closely. There go marshmallow rabbits, marshmallows, Rice Krispie squares made with marshmallows, and Jello, for sure. Bye-bye bunnies!

Now what's going to convince me that spring is close at hand? Certainly not the current climate. WARNING: More snow pictures.

©James Chychota, 2008
our driveway ~10 o'clock this morning
(James had to get a shot of his handiwork)

The snowplow ended up pushing the stuff on the street against the driveways of the folks who live opposite from us. This is the second time that's happened--James has been outside shovelling both times, so I imagine the driver has either (a) taken pity on him, or (b) figured he doesn't want to incur the wrath of such an imposing-looking guy. (And the UM Engineering jacket is imposing indeed.)


©James Chychota, 2008
down the street

a peek out the front door ~ 5 p.m.

Someday, probably near the end of May, when I'm outdoors taking in the mosquito-free evening air, I'll look back at this and laugh. At that time, it will seem like a distant dream. Right now, however, it's a nightmare.

5 comments:

  1. I just came off a news website that spoke of people being stranded in the airport and I thought of you. Happy to see you are safe at home! happier still that I live in BC!!! (Kidding! sort of...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. oh yah - gelatin. I know. There went the gummy bears. And I do love a good gummy bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow, snow, too much snow. But at least right now, no grass to mow.
    Come soon spring, and with it rain, to melt away this snow white pain.

    (I made that up on the fly as I was typing, just for fun.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! Good thing babies don't know anything about gelatin. Logan would be upset if he couldn't eat his favourite food - Jell-o!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure which I'm more horrified at - the marshmallow bunny, or the awful weather you're having. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete